Sunday, January 25, 2015

Things You Don't Learn In The Credential Program Part II

After thinking about my last post I realized how negative it sounds. I decided it warranted a second part that focuses on the overwhelmingly amazing parts that I was also not prepared for in the credential program.

The Joy

We all know that kids can light up lives, but teaching... Its a whole different level of joy and happiness. I love my job, I love my students, I love my school, and I love my staff. My students keep my smiling and laughing all day. I am so lucky to get to see them grow in so many ways. And the best part is, I know that I have made such a difference in each and every one of them. Some students start the year off not talking, and by now they are flourishing! They are speaking, reading, writing, solving problems, becoming great friends to others. I get to spend my day with sweet, understanding, charming, interesting little learners and am so blessed.

I love my job. My dad always said, "Love what you do and it will feel like you haven't worked a day in your life." I am so happy to say that I love what I do. Teaching is my passion. 

I am going to end this blog just like I did my last one. I believe the credential doesn't prepare you for this joy because it is something one cannot be prepared for. It simply has to be felt.

Here is a picture of our Red Ribbon Week door. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful job and class.

No comments:

Post a Comment